1. K-State home
  2. »College of Human Ecology
  3. »Personal Financial Planning
  4. »Graduate
  5. »Doctoral Program
  6. »Costs

Institute of Personal Financial Planning


Tuition & Fees

Tuition is subject to change by the Kansas Board of Regents and is finalized each year for the upcoming fall semester in late June or early July. Tuition for most online courses for the 2016/2017 academic year is $626.60 per credit hour ($1,879.80 per three credit hour course). There are no out-of-state tuition costs. Textbooks and supplemental materials are required for each course. These materials are the responsibility of the student. Students are also responsible for costs associated with all summer residency studies, including travel, lodging, food, tuition, textbooks, and study abroad.


Following your formal admission to Kansas State University, the K-State Controller's Office will send an email to your K-State email account indicating your tuition invoice for the full amount is ready to be viewed on your KSIS account around the 15th of each month.

See K-State's payment options.

Financial Aid

If you have applied for financial aid, the Statement of Account (SOA) will list your estimated award. If financial aid is less than the balance due, you must pay the difference. If financial aid is greater than the balance due, you will receive a refund check. If you are expecting financial aid and the SOA does not have an award listed, please contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance at 785-532-6420 or 877-817-2287.

To qualify for financial aid, graduate students must be enrolled in 5 semester hours in the fall and spring semesters (half time), and 3 hours in the summer. FAFSA forms must be filled out for all government loan programs. This form uses last year's income. If you've had a change in circumstances (e.g., quit work to go to school, have large moving or medical expenses), contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance. They may be able to adjust your aid package based on this information which could not be conveyed on the forms. The Office of Student Financial Assistance provides financial aid forms, student guide, counseling and more.

Kansas State University does not offer scholarships for part-time graduate students. To qualify for any scholarships, students must be enrolled in nine hours of graduate work. Most assistance for on-campus Ph.D. students comes in the form of Graduate Assistantships. If you live in or near Manhattan and are interested in information on available assistantships, please contact Tierra Dimond at ipfp@k-state.edu.

Military Assistance

K-State does accept military and veteran's tuition assistance for distance education courses. For information on military tuition assistance, contact the Cashier's Office at 785-532-6317. For information on veteran's tuition assistance, contact the Office of Veteran's Affairs or call 785-532-7061. If you are in the Army, contact your Army education counselor.

Sponsored Students

Students with a third party paying all or part of tuition and fees need to provide a tuition assistance form, purchase order or other authorization of payment to acole@k-state.edu or:

Mandy Cole
K-State Cashier's Office
212 Anderson Hall
Manhattan KS 66506

Please note company reimbursement policies are between you and your employer.

Please keep in mind that payment of tuition and fees are the responsibility of the student. In the event the sponsor does not make full payment, all charges and late fees will be returned to and be the responsibility of the student.

Late Fees

There is a $50.00 special handling fee on registrations received on the first day of class, or thereafter. Students may not register after two-thirds of a course.