1. K-State home
  2. »College of Human Ecology
  3. »Personal Financial Planning
  4. »Graduate
  5. »Master's Program
  6. »Costs

Institute of Personal Financial Planning


Tuition & Fees

Students admitted to the program at Kansas State University enroll at K-State for all courses, whether they are taught at K-State or at a participating university. Students have the option of completing the graduate certificate program first (six core courses in financial planning) before moving on to the consortium for their remaining coursework. There are no out-of-state tuition costs. All universities in the consortium have agreed upon a common tuition of $545 per credit hour ($1,635 per course) for the 2016-2017 academic year (fall, spring, and summer). This price will cover all course costs except textbooks or course packets.


Following your formal admission to K-State, the K-State Controller’s Office will send an e-mail to your K-State e-mail account indicating your tuition invoice for the full amount is ready to be viewed on your KSIS account around the 15th of each month.

See K-State's payment options.

Financial Aid

If you have applied for financial aid, the Statement of Account (SOA) will list your estimated award. If financial aid is less than the balance due, you must pay the difference. If financial aid is greater than the balance due, you will receive a refund check. If you are expecting financial aid and the SOA does not have an award listed, please contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance at 785.532-6420 or 877-817-2287.

To qualify for financial aid, graduate students must be enrolled in 5 semester hours in the fall and spring semesters (half time), and 3 hours in the summer. FAFSA forms must be filled out for all government loan programs. This form uses last year's income. If you've had a change in circumstances (e.g., quit work to go to school, have large moving or medical expenses), contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance. They may be able to adjust your aid package based on this information which could not be conveyed on the forms. The Office of Student Financial Assistance provides financial aid forms, student guide, counseling and more.

Kansas State University does not offer scholarships for part-time graduate students. To qualify for any scholarships, students must be enrolled in nine hours of graduate work. Most assistance for graduate students comes in the form of Graduate Assistantships. If you live in or near Manhattan and are interested in information on available assistantships, please contact Connie Fechter at fechter@k-state.edu.

Military Assistance

Kansas State University does accept military and veteran's tuition assistance for distance education courses. For information on military tuition assistance, contact the Cashier's Office at 785-532-6317. For information on veteran's tuition assistance, contact the Office of Veteran's Affairs by e-mail at veteran@k-state.edu or at 785-532-7061. If you are in the Army, contact your Army education counselor.

Sponsored Students

Students with a third party paying all or part of tuition and fees need to provide a tuition assistance form, purchase order or other authorization of payment to sponsorship@k-state.edu or:

K-State Cashier’s Office
212 Anderson Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506

Please note company reimbursement policies are between you and your employer.

Please keep in mind that payment of tuition and fees are the responsibility of the student. In the event the sponsor does not make full payment, all charges and late fees will be returned to and be the responsibility of the student.

Late Fees

There is a $50.00 special handling fee on registrations received the first day of class, or thereafter. Students may not register after two-thirds of a course.